The part-time photographer reports to the Associate Vice President, Office of Strategic Communications supporting the marketing and branding efforts of the university by capturing images to tell the NJIT story. The photographer will perform a variety of University photographic assignments; and manage photo assets, past and future. The successful candidate will be able to achieve technical, qualitative and quantitative goals while meeting project needs, deadlines, and managing MediaValet, our asset management system.
Primary functions include: – Execute general and special photographic assignments requiring professionalism and technical expertise, including candid coverage of campus activities and special events; editorial photos for publications; architectural photographs; faculty portraits; spot news assignments, etc. – Work within Photoshop and Lightroom to prepare for production and archiving of digital images. – Provide advice on photo techniques to faculty, staff and/or students. – Be available for weekend and evening assignments as required. – Ability to capture and process images to tell the NJIT story. – Work closely with the writers, social/digital media, web and marketing teams to develop a photography plan to capture the images necessary to improve our website, stories, publications, social media, etc. – Batch editing, uploading and tagging photos to the NJIT asset management system. – Ability to assist in publication design support.
– Strong photo editing skills. – Customer Focused and Service Oriented – Ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment – Innovative and Creative Thinker – Flexibility to Adapt One’s Approach to Changes – Ability to Prioritize and Multitask – Project Management Skills with Attention to Detail – Meet Deadlines – Work Effectively and Collaboratively with Various Teams – Knowledge and Understanding of Digital Asset Management Systems
– At least 10 years of experience in photography and image processing – Knowledge and understanding of digital assessment management systems – Broad portfolio of imagery from portraits to landscapes to events, etc. – Experience in lighting sets.
– Knowledge and Use of MediaValet
*Login for direct link to position
- Employer New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Job position Part-Time Photographer
- Contract type Part-time
- Listing categories Visual Arts / Part-Time Jobs
Original Job Post Date: August 9, 2018Please enter the original date the job was posted. If you are posting a job for your company, you can just enter the same date as the publish date. This will show up on the listing as the original posting date.
Photo Credit: freeimages/miguel ugaldePlease write the name of the photographer that took the photo to note credit. You can also note the websites name from where you obtained the photo if you do not have the photographers name. Do not place any website links or photo links this box.